Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tribute to my Girlfriends - Leslie Bates


Leslie is one of my Mary Kay girlfriends. She lives in Ohio so we only get to see each other 2-3 times a year, so we always room together at MK events. We have the same National Sales Director so we're "related" in Mary Kay but didn't meet until we both became directors. I admire Leslie because she's the most phsically fit person I know. She works out every day!! When I say every day, I mean EVERY DAY. At our yearly conference we have a grueling schedule, not to mention the fact that we're in hose, heels and business suits in Dallas, TX when it's over 100 degrees. Needless to say, we don't have troule sleeping at night and usually fall into bed exahausted and savor every minute of sleep we get! We need to be up by 6am everyday to get ready and don't get in bed most nights until midnight. Leslie was up every morning at 4:50 so she could be in the gym at 5am and work out until 6am. That, my friends, is dedication! (as a side note, in my mind, 4:50 is not early, it's still the middle of the night!) She not only works out, she also eats really well too! She lives an extremely balanced life and I truly admire her for her discipline!! She's a mom of two and has abs of steel!! Way to go Les!! (The photo if of me, Kari, our other roomate and Leslie on our awards night. Leslie is the blonde).

No comments: